The Central Statistics Office (CSO) urges everyone to exercise caution and be vigilant for any potential fraudsters or scammers attempting to obtain your personal information.
Please be aware that:
- Your Census Enumerator will wear a yellow high-visibility jacket marked ‘Census Enumerator’ on the back and ‘Census’ on the front.
- Your Census Enumerator will carry a satchel with the words ‘Central Statistics Office An Phríomh Oifig Stadrimh’ on it.
- Your Census Enumerator will carry an ID card. Please ensure your enumerator shows their ID card to you when delivering and collecting your form.
- Your Census Enumerator will carry a smartphone that will be used to note information such as the householder’s name, phone number, and a suitable time to return to collect the census form. All personal data on the Case Management System will be deleted three months after the census and mobile phones will be forensically wiped.
- If you are not home when your census enumerator calls, they will leave a calling card with their phone number, allowing you to contact them to arrange calling back at a time convenient for you.
The CSO/Census Enumerator will never:
- Cold call you to obtain your personal information. Please be vigilant of phone scammers and report all suspicious incidents to An Garda Síochana.
- Email you in relation to Census 2022 if you have not contacted us first. If you think you have received an email from the CSO please ensure the email address ends with @cso.ie.
- Ask for your PPS number.
- Ask for your bank details or demand payment or a donation.
- Ask for any passwords.
The Census Enumerator will not enter your home.
You may contact the CSO Census Helpline at 0818 2022 04 or (01) 895 1300 if you have any concerns about your Census Enumerator.